(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
I don't want my money back."
我不想要回钱。”
Still, the encounter produced its own kind of rewards.
尽管如此,这次遭遇还是有意义的。
For Fortune, it was a lesson in cultural awareness amid the sometimes bitter national debate about immigrants,
于福琼而言,在某些时候,尤其是关于阿拉伯移民的激烈辩论中,这是一个文化认知上的教训。
especially from the Arab world. "I'm from a small, mainly white town,"Fortune said.  
福琼说:“我来自一个小镇,主要是白人的小镇,”
"I've never met a Muslim. He's a good man."
“我从未见过穆斯林,他是一个好人。”
Almazrouei's lesson was perhaps more complex. Shortly after moving to the United States,
Almazrouei的教训可能更复杂。在搬到美国后不久,
he’d had his own brush with crime. While standing on a street in Eugene, Oregon,
他自己也与罪犯有过冲突,站在俄勒冈州尤金的大街上,
Almazrouei had been confronted by a man who punched him and told him to "go home."
Almazrouei遇到了一个男人,这个男人打了他,并告诉他“回家去”。

Rattled by the encounter, Almazrouei moved to Portland, and not long after,
Almazrouei很是气愤,搬到了波特兰,
he had his experience with the thief and Fortune's computer.
经过这次事件之后,他就有了经验。
When a story about the two young men's encounter made it to the local papers,
当两个年轻人相遇的故事登在当地的报纸上时,
Almazrouei received a call from Wim Wiewel, the president of Portland State University, where Almazrouei is studying economics.
Almazrouei接到了波特兰州立大学校长Wim Wiewel的电话,Almazrouei正在波特兰州立大学学习经济学。
Impressed with his student's integrity, Wiewel gave Almazrouei a new MacBook Pro.
学生的诚实给他留下了深刻的印象,Wiewel给了Almazrouei一台新的MacBook Pro笔记本电脑。
"We thought since you gave back the laptop, we should give you a laptop so that you'll have one," Wiewel told him.
Wiewel告诉他:“我们认为既然你归还了笔记本电脑,我们就应该给你一台,这样你就有笔记本电脑了。”
"We're very proud of you. It was a great story, but you did the right thing."
“我们为你感到骄傲。这个故事很好,但你做的很对。”
重点讲解
1.punch 用拳猛击
Herbert: Whenever I punch someone, I apologize.
赫伯特:每次我打了人,都会道歉。
2.Muslim 穆斯林;穆罕默德信徒
Friday is a holiday in Muslim countries.
在穆斯林[回教]国家星期五是假日。
3.encounter 遭遇,偶然碰见
We encounter so many problems in our work.
我们在工作中遇到如此多的问题。
4.integrity 完整;正直;诚实
I have integrity.
我很正直。
5.cultural awareness 文化意识
Chances are your cultural awareness is a strength — you just don’t yet see it as such.
文化的力量其实也会为你提供就业机会,只是你还没有意识到而已。
6.impressed with 印象深刻
Nasa was so impressed with the image it published it on its website as 'picture of the day'.
美国宇航局对这张照片的印象相当深刻,把它作为‘当日图片’而推到自己的网站上。
 
 
           
           
           			

