(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
A friend paid my mother a visit. Later, I spoke with Mom. 
一位朋友拜访了我母亲。后来,我和母亲聊天。
"I was very nervous," she said. "Why?" I asked. 
她说:“我当时很紧张。”我问为什么。
"Because he's a captain in the Air Force." 
“因为他是一名空军上尉。”
"Mother, as you know, I, too, am a captain in the Air Force." "Yes," she said. 
“妈妈,你知道,我也是空军上尉。”“我知道,”她说。
"And you also make me nervous when you visit." 
“你来的时候也让我很紧张。”
In San Diego to work with military linguists, my colleague and I checked into a hotel and ordered a 5 a.m. wake-up call. 
在圣地亚哥与军事语言学家一起工作时,我和同事住进了一家酒店,并预订了早上5点的叫醒服务。
The next morning, the phone didn't ring until 5:30.
第二天早上,电话直到五点半才响。

"You were supposed to call us at 5 a.m.!" 
“你应该在早上5点给我们打电话!”
I admonished the desk clerk on the other end of the line. 
我警告了电话另一端的接待员。
"What if I had to close a million-dollar contract this morning? 
“如果今天早上我必须签下一份百万美元的合同呢?”
Your oversight would have cost me the deal!" 
你的疏忽会使我失去这笔交易!”
"Sir," he said calmly, "if you had to close that type of deal, I doubt you'd be staying in this type of hotel."
“先生,”他平静地说,“如果你要完成那种交易,你不会住在这种类型的酒店里。”
重点讲解
1.pay a visit 拜访
Perhaps you would like to pay a visit to London.
也许,您乐意去游览一下伦敦。
2.be supposed to应该
If you were a lemon, you would not be supposed to dwell on the sweetness of watermelon.
如果你是一只柠檬,就不该老是盯着西瓜的甜。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载。
 
 
           
           
                      
	  
       
            
    		            
                        
        

