影视精讲《风雨哈佛路》第10期:找上门的麻烦
日期:2013-06-29 13:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

stay mummy!
留下来,妈咪
Everything was falling apart. I thought if I could stay I could stop it.
一切都破灭了,我以为我留下来就能阻止这些
but if I stayed, everything would somehow stay the same.
我留下来,所有的一切或许都能和从前一样
Just open the door. It's no use. We know you're in there.
开门!没用的,我知道你在里面
Where's your mother and sister?
你的母亲和姐姐去哪了?
They are gone.
他们离开了
Where's your father?
你父亲呢?
He's gotta get some food, he'll be right back.
他去弄吃的了,马上就会回来
Your teacher called. You're still not going to school.
你老师打电话来了.你还是没去学校
You're never in school. We gotta do something about this.
你从没去学校.我们要采取一些措施了
Miss Wonder warned you, I warned you, every one year case workers warned you.
万德小姐警告过你,我警告过你。所有关心你的义工警告过你
This's been going out for years
这都很长时间了
We all said clean up this place and go to school.
总说“收拾好这个地方然后去学校”
clean up and go to school
“收拾好然后去学校”
You have done neither one of them, have you?
你都做不到,是不是?
Elizabeth, have you? - No
伊丽莎白,是吗? - 不是
So what we gonna do?
那我们该怎么做?
I don't know.
我不知道.
I do.You're going into the system.
我知道.我们要系统办事

妙语佳句

Disable (pt&pp.disabled)
vt.使无能力;使残废,使伤残;使无资格;使不中用

Disable the media bar and media bar autoplay.
停用媒体栏和媒体栏自动播放.

--------------------------------------------------------
Warn (pt&pp.warned)
vt.警告,告诫;通知;预告
vi.发出警告

Why wouldn't you warn me?
你怎么不警告我一声?
Coral species may be extinct within 50 years, warn scientists as they reveal most endangered
科学家发出警告:发现最濒危物种,珊瑚将在50年内灭绝

--------------------------------------------------------
Prevail over
打败; 战胜; 压倒;覆盖

It remains to be seen whether globalization will prevail over nationalism.
我们还要看全球化是否能压倒民族主义。

--------------------------------------------------------
Clean up
打扫;<口>赚钱;整顿;痛打<口><口><口>

The pupils took turns to clean up their classroom.
学生们轮流打扫教室。

剧情百科


lise并没有成功挽留自己的母亲,也没有和母亲一起去爷爷的家。而自己的决定却给自己带来更大的麻烦。按照美国律法,当孩子的监督人未能给予孩子有效的监督,那么其孩子就要到收留守了。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.The conclusions _____ with the facts.
结论与事实不符
2.If you don't _____, your dream will end in bubbles.
如果你不努力,你的愿望就会成泡影。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.To overcome,disable, or kill with poisonous fumes.
以毒气攻击用毒气制服,使残废或杀人。
2.More often than not, those with numbers prevail over those without.
通常情况下有数据的一方大都会战胜没有数据的一方。

分享到
重点单词
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • extinctadj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的
  • poisonousadj. 有毒的,恶意的
  • revealvt. 显示,透露 n. (外墙与门或窗之间的)窗侧,门
  • disablev. 使 ... 失去能力
  • prevailvi. 获胜,盛行,主导
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获