艾伦脱口秀EllenShow附中英字幕第228期:一直抱有希望
日期:2016-05-28 17:32

(单词翻译:单击)

艾伦脱口秀

Some of these kids though you mentioned they don't even know,I know there was a kid waiting outside

你提到过 有些孩子甚至都不知道自己所处的情况 我知道有个孩子在外面流浪着

didn't know where he's gonna sleep that night,They don't know where they are going

不知道自己晚上会在哪里睡觉 他们不知道该去哪里

Right, That happens fortunately not all the time, But we do have it and more than I wish we had

是有这种情况 幸亏不多 但是的确存在 而且超乎我的想象

And with this little boy had,a toothbrush and soda in his backpack

这个小男孩随身携带的 背包里就一把牙刷和一瓶苏打水

When I asked him where is his belongs he showed them,That was all.That's all he had

我问他都带了什么 他拿给我看 这就是所有 这就是他的全部家当

When did you first realize the needyness,the true needyness of the situation

你什么时候意识到这种需求 这种急需援助的形势

The very first day I got there And I saw them eating the katchup or taking the packets for home

第一天上班就意识到了 我看见孩子们在吃番茄酱 或者把番茄酱瓶带回家


They do eat the Katchup a lot too but they were taking the packets home and the sporks

他们肯定吃很多的番茄酱 但他们把番茄酱瓶和里面的小勺一起带回了家

And I drove the neighborhood,As I was drive in the neighborhood,I kept thinking about I was raising the porjects

我在这附近开车 开着车转悠的时候 我一直琢磨着要扩大我的计划

Even I was raising the projects,I always had the sense of hope and things would be different

即使我扩大了计划 我也一直抱有希望 认为情况会变得不一样

I always knew it would be,My mother always still that tell us,There is hope and it will be better tomorrow

我相信情况会变好 我妈妈总是教育我们 要抱有希望 明天会更好

And I didn't know what these children felt And I was determined at that point to make sure they know there was hope

我不知道这些孩子们怎么想 那是我决定让他们知道生活还有希望

And things came across I started to servicing them

一切就这么发生了 我开始帮助他们

I think this is another thing that I heard that You noticed they would start to get the breast on Fridays or before a holiday Yes

我听说了一件无关紧要的事 你注意到孩子们开始猛吃鸡胸脯 在周五或放假之前 没错

because they probably would not eat till they came back school,Yes they get very anxious

因为一直到下周返校之前可能都吃不到东西 是的 他们非常的担忧

It's really bad time in holiday times or in summers.It's particularly bad on Fridays

暑假或节日放假是他们的受难日 周五特别糟糕

词汇解析

1、mention

(简短地)谈及,说起,提到

She did not mention her mother's absence.

她并没有说起她母亲不在场的事。

I may not have mentioned it to her.

我可能没跟她提过这件事。

提及;论及

The statement made no mention of government casualties.

声明里没有提及政府方面的伤亡情况。

At the community centre, mention of funds produces pained looks.

在社区中心一提到资金问题,大家就会愁眉不展。

(在文章中)提到,谈及(某人的名字)

I was absolutely outraged that I could be even mentioned in an article of this kind.

我大为恼火,我的名字居然出现在这种文章里面。

As for your father, he won't be mentioned in my will.

至于你父亲,我的遗嘱里不会提到他的名字。

2、particular

特定的;特指的

I remembered a particular story about a postman who was a murderer.

我记得有个故事,讲的是一个邮递员杀人的事情。

I have to know exactly why it is I'm doing a particular job.

我必须明确知道我为什么要做特定的一项工作。

特殊的;特别的;独特的

I have a particular responsibility to ensure I make the right decision.

我肩负特殊责任,必须确保自己作出的决定是正确的。

Fatigue is a particular problem for women.

疲劳是女性特有的问题。

视频直播


分享到